This notice explains what information we collect, when we collect it and how we use this. During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about you and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your information.
Who are we?
The Directors of The Manor Fields Estate Limited (MFEL), take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to guidelines published in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018, together with any domestic laws subsequently enacted.
The Estate Manager is notified as a Data Controller with the Office of the Information Commissioner under registration number Z9404846 and they are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices should be sent to her at the following email address: email@example.com.
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We may collect the following information: –
- from your property purchase supplied by your solicitor,
- from your application for accommodation supplied by your landlord or agent,
- from your use of forms completed to inform us of your personal details,
- your name, e-mail address and telephone numbers,
- your property address, purchase date and move-in date,
- your tenant’s name, e-mail address and telephone numbers,
- your correspondence address, telephone numbers and move dates.
Why we need this information about you and how it will be used
We need your information and will use your information: –
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of your (or your Landlord’s) lease,
- to enable us to provide you with the services and information which you expect of us,
- to analyse the information, we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop the services we provide,
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our services or suppliers which may affect you, and
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations.
Sharing of Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processed only by any third party, acting on our behalf within the UK/EEA. We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following: –
- if we enter into a joint venture with another person(s) or business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners,
- if you are unable to make payments under your lease, your information may be disclosed to any relevant party assisting in the recovery of this debt or the tracing of you as a tenant, and
- in the creation, renewal or termination of the tenancy, your information may be disclosed to the relevant local authority, service/utility providers, freeholder or any other relevant person or organisation in connection with this.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Transfers outside the UK and Europe
We may transfer your information outside the UK and/or EEA to servers based in the USA for the purposes of backup or the transfer of emails.
Where information is transferred outside the UK or EEA, we ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your information in accordance with this notice.
When you give us information, we take steps to make sure that your personal information is kept secure and safe.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant agreement we have with you.
You have the right at any time to: –
- ask for a copy of the information about you held by us in our records,
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information,
- make a request to us to delete what personal data of yours we hold.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you wish to complain about the use of your information, we would ask that you contact us to resolve this matter in the first instance. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information.
The accuracy of your information is important to us – please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.
The Information Commissioner’s contact details are noted below.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113